I use green peas as the base for a lot of hummus-type dips. This time I added wasabi paste (from a tube), rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili garlic paste and salt to steamed green peas. About 30 seconds in the food processor, and you have a really yummy dip for veggies, pita chips, or an interesting addition to a sandwich. I garnished mine with a few whole peas and some wasabi powder (though I wish I’d had some actual crunchy wasabi peas on hand).
- 2 cups frozen green peas, boiled for 30 seconds or defrosted in the microwave
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- salt to taste
Blend to a chunky paste, adding water or olive oil to thin if necessary. Taste and add more spicy, salt, sour, etc as needed.