The fridge is getting low, and I had to be creative with dinner tonight. Honestly, I just took out all the veggies we had in the fridge and started chopping…I knew something would emerge….and it did: seared salmon salad with chopped veggies!
– 2 salmon fillets, salt and pepper both sides
– 1 can kidney beans (you could use anything, but that’s what I had)
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– juice of 1 lemon
– 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
– 3 carrots, peeled, diced
– 2 celery stalks, cut thin on the bias
– 1 roasted beet, diced (I used pickled beets)
– 4 cups baby spinach
– pinch of taragon
– pinch of cayenne pepper
– things I wish I had, but didn’t, and that you should add if you have them and it sounds good to you: herbs of all types (basil, parsley, cilantro), green onions, other veggies (radishes, green beans, zucchini), orange segments, sliced fennel
Sear salmon on both sides until golden, about 7 or 8 minutes total. Set aside. In same pan, wilt spinach for about 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss together everything except the salmon. Coursely break up the salmon and fold into the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy over a bed of mixed greens or stuffed into some pita bread.